Buying into the idea that life begins all over again at forty...

Buying into the idea that life begins all over again at forty...

Monday, April 22, 2013

This is my place


It's been bubbling up again. The need to write. I've known it for some time. So, I've started reading blogs again, finding that kinship with fellow writers. 

I'd forgotten how reading someone else's words can bring such comfort. It makes one realize that many of us walk a similar path to one another, and the world seems a little less lonely.

I'm finding myself being reminded lately, that life moves and mends itself along the way. Ironically, my life stayed unchanged for so long, when it needed to have change so desperately. After the divorce, life seemed to never stop changing--in both good ways and bad: 
  • Finding my way back to my career and establishing/earning work confidence again. 
  • Learning how to be alone and how to let go of my kids when they are with their father. 
  • Helping others struggling through the pain of divorce and finding great meaning in that for my own growth.
  • Finding confidence in dating and meeting people online and understanding developing patience in that strange process.
  • Taking the time to enjoy things I never did before, like a long stretch when you first wake in the morning, the sound of birds chirping in my backyard as I sip my morning coffee, finding connection with people in new and interesting ways.
Yes, I'm settling out again now--realizing that God has a plan for me that will be revealed in His due time. And, trying to learn from my experiences--to just breathe and take in the place in which I find myself this week.

Watching my children grow and change with every breath and trying to celebrate that, rather than mourn the ever-loving speed at which it seems to happen. 

This is my current state. 

It certainly took some time for me to get back here again.

Mostly, I'm grateful for every single moment and person that has taken me to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment